Hi there,

I’ve used to play OSRS many many years ago and enjoyed it at the time. I never maxed an account nor did I get too familiar with the whole world, as I only played free to play version. However, ever now and again I think about start playing again but I can’t really make it stick… As in, I keep loosing interest after a short while. Anyway, I wanted to ask for some recommendations for what could keep me playing…

I don’t remember any of my accounts, so I’ll start fresh. Should I pay for membership straight of the bat? Or should I try to complete all free to play quests first? Is there anything in particular that keeps you coming back to OSRS that you would share?

Appreciate any tips!

• WMTYRO@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    3 days ago

I consider completing Drsgon Slayer 1 my own litmus test of whether I should upgrade an account to members. On making it stick, that’s a difficult situation. There is always stuff to do in OSRS. Is all of it fun? Depends on what you like. I used to not mind Agility, now I hate it, but it’s useful to train. I’ve realized I love PvM and am working long-term towards end-game bosses, butt combat training gets boring for me after a while of the same thing, so I switch it up and train something else or play something else. Dual monitors helps a lot too for AFK skilling, having something to watch simultaneously is fun to me. Podcasts can fulfill a similar thing, or just vibing to music.

The biggest thing is knowing your limits to prevent boredom or burnout. It’s a gigantic game and a gigantic time sink if you want to make a lot of progress. If you get to mid game and can’t commit to longer grinds, l hate to say the game just might not be for you. But you can get a very good idea of the member experience with 30 days of membership, I think.

• Sunny' 🌻@slrpnk.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

Thanks for your answer! I should indeed try playing it at a different pace than what I’ve done before and maybe try it as a second monitor game. I’ll give it another solid try for sure, if I don’t get into it I’m not too bummed about it, I still enjoy watching YT videos of others playing it.