• Zoot@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 days ago

Got really excited for a Steam Controller like controller… Missing the track pads? Can barely be considered a “Steam Deck” like controller without them… This is no different from an Xbox controller minus a few buttons. Hell id rather use a PS controller since they have a trackpad!

• helenslunch@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

Meh. These are just Hori controller with Steam logos and Steam Input integration. Don’t see anything special.

• Skepticpunk@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      3 days ago

Yep. I’ll keep my Dualsense, thank you very much. The trackpad is invaluable for things like weapon selection, and having the gyro default to on means I don’t have to take my hands off the face buttons to aim. Also, flick stick rules.

• tuckerm@supermeter.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

Yeah, it definitely needs trackpads that are easy to reach in order to be a Steam Deck controller. (And I’m saying “easy to each” because the awkwardly placed Playstation touchpad doesn’t count.)

I’m curious about this part, though:

Gyro in the “Steam mode”. With the sticks having a touch sensor too.

That sounds like an advantage over a Playstation or Switch controller. I’m guessing that means you could enable the gyro just by touching the analog stick, without having to press a button. That’s like what most people did on the Steam controller, where the gyro would enable when you touched the trackpad.