Head and body presets can be selected individually and customized to your liking with 40 different complexions that include smooth, rugged, youthful, and freckled skin tones, skin hues ranging from cool to neutral to warm, undertones to those skin tones, and even a melanin slider. Busche tells me BioWare relied on consultation to represent all people authentically. There’s a Vitiligo slider (where you can adjust the intensity and amount of it) and sliders for your forehead, brow, cheeks, jaw, chin, larynx, and scalp. You can select your undergarments, with nudity as well because “this is a mature RPG,” Busche adds, and use the “Body Morpher” to select three presets for each corner of a triangle and then move a cursor within it to morph your body or head into a mix of these presets. It’s an impressive technology I’d like to see adopted in other games.

• Stopthatgirl7@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 days ago

The trick I’ve learned is not to try to make a good-looking character, but an interesting-looking one. Usually I’ll jack up the settings on one thing in particular, like make the nose as big as possible, then build the face around it.

• stringere@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 days ago

I forget which game it was but my character had a nose so big it eclipsed his face. Named him Lenny parce que le nez c’est “the nose” en fracais.