Baldur’s Gate 3 is a game of the year contender - but how does its PC release stack up in terms of visuals and performa…

• Leshoyadut@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I feel like the UX/UI also needs a lot of work. Tooltips missing important information, an inability to see what future levels in a class/subclass grant me (making it much more difficult to make an informed decision there), I can’t view the inventory/character sheets of companions not currently in my party (requiring four steps of starting dialogue just to check items on a person and swap back to my original party member), a lack of explanation on how things are calculated or what your proficiency bonus is/comes from, etc. Not even counting the numerous visual bugs in the UI, or how the UI just seems oddly sluggish at times for no discernible reason.

I’m genuinely loving a ton of the game. But interacting with the interface is a constant low level annoyance that pulls me out of the experience just a bit all the time and noticeably detracts from my enjoyment as a result.