I’m only on day 2, but I feel so able to concentrate, it’s ridiculous. I know it’s expected to take weeks to start working, but I’m feeling it already. I spent the morning reading wikipedia, catching up with work, and doing laundry that I hadn’t done for weeks. Now, I’m gonna go out to eat at a restaurant with a friend and his kids. Is this what NTs feel like all the time, just able to focus without struggle and the motivation of looming despair??

However, I slept maybe 30 mins last night even though I took 12 mgs of melatonin throughout the night, and my male genitals are not working well. I also feel a bit irritable.

• Did anyone on Strattera have a similar experience? And did the side effects eventually go away?

• If so, how long did they take to subside? If not, what did you do about it?

• Did this ability to focus last too?

• wizardbeard@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Unfortunately I don’t have the posts handy, but it was discussed in the sub on Reddit for ADHD that sometimes starting new meds can cause a sort of euphoria feeling early on. I’ve definitely had that sort of feeling before when I’ve went a while without then got back on them. For me it tends to last anywhere from a day to a week.

Just be careful and give it the amount of time your doctor said it would take for them to work for your body to get used to them. Especially if you aren’t sleeping. That’s really not good. Might be best to try and stay in some, as this can be somewhat like a manic episode.

Unfortunately, what you’re experiencing right now is the “adhd meds are just coke” sort of thing. Here’s your coke effects. Mania and sleep deprivation.

Sidenote, strattera did literally nothing for me. Glad it’s doing something for you.

• Pxtl@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Yeah, I’m on a very low dose of a stimulant ADHD drug and the first day I was visibly tweaking. I felt like I could punch God. A few weeks later I feel happily focused but day one was crazy.