the Logitech F710 is a solid controller to get if you’re on a tight budget, but perhaps not exactly the type of equipment you want to stake your life on. […] Reviewers on sites like Amazon frequently mention issues with the wireless device’s connection.

The reporter, who followed an expedition of the Titan from the launch ship, wrote that “it seems like this submersible has elements of MacGyver jerry-riggedness.”

• Gork@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve used the F710 so that our family can couch co-op in the living room. For a Logitech controller it’s pretty solidly built and is of the era where Logitech peripherals were of good quality (unlike now, rip new G503s). I noticed that the wireless range kinda sucked if it didn’t have direct LOS to the receiver, but it has good rumble feedback and I like the smooth matte black underside material (feels good to the touch).

• Satiric_Weasel@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Bu would you stake your life, and the lives of others, on it performing well thousands of meters below the ocean?

I used, and loved, a cheap little Logitech keyboard for years before it died on me. Wouldn’t Jerry-rig it into my car and use it as my steering apparatus though.

• CmdrShepard@lemmy.one
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I wouldn’t even stake my Elden Ring playthrough to a cheap third party controller. I’ve been playing consoles since the early 1990s and there has never been a time where 3rd party performs better than 1st party.