• berg@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 年前

I don’t agree. Development costs money and I’m willing to pay for it. I usually compare it to other daily things, such as nice restaurant visits or such. Things costs money.

Just because I’m curious, what would you feel to be a fair price for one of those games?

• Targy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 年前

Except most of the revenues from the sales of the games don’t go to those who actually develop the games. We all know gamedevs aren’t paid enough and sometimes do a lot of crunch, specially in big studios. We can’t ignore that fact.

Imo I could excuse a maximum of 50€ (or dollars in this particular case), and the ideal would be something between 30 and 40.

• berg@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 年前

Depends on the studio of course, but I bet in the general case they wouldn’t be payed more if the price was lowered. It’d be fun to investigate the margins but I don’t care enough to do so.

The games I play the most are actually from reputable studios and/or indie devs whom I don’t mind supporting. Except football manager, but I don’t buy new revisions and have clocked enough hours to feel ok with the price.