I am so sick of employee engagement surveys and the resulting exercise in futility around soliciting changes that never get made. It’s honestly one of the more evil and deceitful processes that capitalism and academia have ever teamed up to create.

• entropicshart@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Apart from the inaction, these surveys are not really anonymous and each response gets reported back down individual managers with the response, ratings given, and count of their direct staff that have completed it.

Unfortunately, in my years as lead, I’ve seen this used more for managers to get a pat on the head or for managers to push people out, rather than implement any actual change.

• galactusaurus@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah, it’s an interesting process for sure. I took an Org Leadership course as part of my MS and it seems like it was an idea born out of good intentions with real promise that has (of course) been weaponized and turned against workers because everything is. You’re really supposed to use it to find low-hanging fruit to fix to keep the workers happy. But nobody does that.