Baldur’s Gate 3 ritual spells allow you to cast magic without using a skill slot, meaning you can wield your powers and speak with as many animals as you wish.

• Hairyblue@kbin.socialOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

Wizard are the best at spells. I keep buying any wizard scroll I see and pick up any I find. I have scribed all the ones I don’t know to my book. So I have a lot of them now.

The ritual spells for the wizard are listed in this discussion and if you look at the spells in your book they will have the ritual label at the bottom.

They are sort of like cantrips but take up a prepared spot and are normally used out of combat. So you’d switch out a prepare combat spell for talk with animals, cast it and it does use up your spell cast count, and then remove it and select a spell that could be used for combat again.

• luxyr42@lemmy.dormedas.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Don’t scribe all spells until the level up bug gets fixed. If you have no spells to choose upon leveling up, you can’t level up that character.

• ThayWiz Gwar@lemmy.worldM
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

What level up bug? I’m still early on in my run, but this is the first I’ve heard of any such issue.

(I scribe all available spells. I will know them all.)

• Oldmandan@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Basically, the game forces you to choose two spells when leveling up; until you do, you can’t finish levelling. If you have insufficient spells available to learn (by way of scribing all spells that could be available to learn on level up), your Wizard gets softlocked at their current level. Can only happen on even levels, and only if you’ve been really meticulous about collecting spell scrolls. Just be sure to leave at least two spells unlearned going into even level ups, and you won’t have any issues.