First post in this community, thought I’d start with something simple.

I think 2009 is my personal favourite, with 2013 in second.

• nexus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

A couple logos more and the fox is gonna disappear entirely, only to be reborn (?)

• Kuroshio@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It looks like with each successive update we’re getting more fire and less fox (and also the globe is shrinking), which seems appropriate given our current environmental dilemma. I’m guessing the next one will just be a charred ball with a vague silhouette of a fox.

As far as design, 2017 is best, bring back the paw!

• XYZinferno@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

It’s a choice between 2004 and 2019. As overdone as minimalist designs can be at times, I find the simple, fiery gradient in 2019 to be gorgeous, along with the smooth curves. A really detailed logo in this day and age would look a bit out of place. 2017 and 2019 go for a similar aesthetic, though I believe 2019 pulls it off better.

That being said, I still enjoy the look of 2004, and think it’s the best from 2004-2013. I find the tail in 2005 to be a tad too yellow, and I don’t like how the outer parts of the blue globe can be seen beneath the tail in 2009 and 2013. 2004 is just sublime.

Not sure what 2002 is doing, because that sure as hell aint a fox xD

• nl4real@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Current isn’t the worst case of flat design on the web, but definitely 2005. Sad to see graphic design going backwards in detail.