While there is no official definition for the term, Blue MAGA has been used to describe those who are fierce advocates of the so-called “vote blue no matter who” initiative and are not willing to criticize Democrats in any way.

The term has also been used for Biden supporters who have pushed misleading comments, or attacked the media, while defending the president. The suggestion being this unbridled support is more commonly associated with Trump’s loyalist MAGA following.

• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

Saib Bilavel, historian and associate editor for Three Essays Collective, suggested that “Blue MAGA is real” while sharing a headline from The Hill noting MSNBC host Joy Reid said she would still vote for Biden if he was “in a coma.”

Keith Orejel, an assistant professor of history at Wilmington College in Ohio, posted on X, formerly Twitter: “We are like two days away from Blue MAGA arguing cognitive decline is a made up ailment invented by the New York Times.”

The Blue MAGA accusation has also been attached to those who have pushed false claims about Biden and his popularity, while urging the president to remain in the White House race.

The post was fact-checked by X’s “readers added context” feature, which noted that Biden’s numbers did largely go down in the wake of the debate, and CNN’s viewership has remained unchanged.

Elsewhere, the DemsMight PAC says it is proud of the “Blue MAGA” label, suggesting that supporting Biden no matter what is vital in order to stop Trump winning November’s race.

“I’m BlueMAGA and proud of it, if that means standing up for democracy, stopping Trump, Project 2025, Agenda 47, MAGA and staying in the fight with the most legislatively successful president in modern American history: Mr. Joe Biden,” the PAC posted.

The original article contains 712 words, the summary contains 214 words. Saved 70%. I’m a bot and I’m open source!