The joke was dumb, the online reaction to the joke was dumb, a random UAP senator’s dumb comments being quoted globally was dumb and Rudd telling famous musicians and actors to “grow up and get a job” was very dumb. What a time we live in.

• Nath@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

He’s hedging his bets. He’s been on the record calling Mr Trump a nutter and a danger to civilisation. If he is reelected in November, Mr Rudd’s position as US Ambassador is non-tenable.

By openly supporting him now, he gets to keep his job in the event of President Trump 2.0.

• Nath@aussie.zone
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Haha no argument here. Just theorising why he’s suddenly done a complete 180.

Is US Ambassador the cushiest job in the world? I honestly don’t know. Being kicked out of USA because Mr Trump doesn’t like you would probably be a badge of honour for any European country. I wouldn’t have thought it would make him unemployable as an ambassador to somewhere else prestigious.

• Ilandar@aussie.zoneOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I think there is also an element of the political elite attempting to look after themselves in the wake of an assassination attempt on one of their own. No high level politician is going to be encouraging or dismissing violence if there’s even the slightest chance they could be a future victim to it.