Image description: Top view of a carpet. Shreds of an anti-stress ball that has been ripped apart are strewn over the carpet.

• alyth@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

To be honest, I’m not sure how I would judge that right now. But I don’t mind reporting the facts. It was a pre screening by HR. There was a part where the recruiter would turn off her camera and leave me to speak for 2-3 minutes independently to talk about myself and my application. She told me afterwards she was impressed how well I did, that she’ll forward the recording to the line manager today and that she doesn’t see any reason why they wouldn’t invite me for the 2nd out of 3 total interviews. The rest of the chat with the recruiter was very friendly with lots of smiling and understanding from both sides. If I get a job offer/rejection, I’ll come back to tell the whole story.

• LazerFX@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

That’s weird… I’ve done interviews from both sides, and that’s just weird. Glad you got through to 2nd round, though!

• alyth@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Thanks for the feedback and congratz! I should add she announced that part in the invitation, so it wasn’t a surprise.

• grrgyle@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

I’ve never heard of this turning the camera off.

I would find that extra hard - just like presenting to a black mirror lol. It’s so hard to tell if you’re on the right track without checking the audience’s expression!

But it sounds like a positive outcome. Hope they call you back and the rest of the interview process goes smoothly!

• alyth@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

You’re right, it did feel like talking into a mirror ^^ Thank you so much! I hope so too!