• Diuretic_Materialism [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

In my experience, punks are pretty good at organizing stuff, often legit good stuff, but only on the local level and often mostly benefiting other punks and punk adjacent people. Like yeah they can throw together a pretty competent vegan soup kitchen but most of the people there are gonna be other crust-punk types. Which, hey great you’re keeping each other fed but I don’t see this blossoming into a larger movement anytime soon.

• GalaxyBrain [they/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Having a pretty effective worldwide underground network just so broke people in bands can tour and for music distribution. There’s a pretty small scene with a very good reputation where I am and we can haul in bands from Japan, Russia, Mexico, Columbia, Spain, England etc to our shitty Canadian burg which is a 12 hour drive to the next viable show cause we set people up well and generally bands make more than the travel costs, which can be rare.

• electric_nan@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

That is organizing though. The kind of shit we should all be doing. Honestly, what other kind of organizing is actually being done (in the US)?