• AbsentBird@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

Personally I think the heartfelt people working there are also being taken advantage of, having their genuine human compassion used to pressure desperate people into the faith.

This is actually the first thing it says on their ‘about us’ page:

Youth in America are in crisis. Millions have lives filled with pain and empty of meaning. Seventy-eight million Americans were born between 1980 and 2000. This is the Millennial Generation. Although 65% of them would claim Christianity if they were filling out a government form, less than 20% have a biblical understanding of Jesus and matters of salvation.

If statistics are true, less than 1 in 5 Millennials have a relationship with Christ that provides forgiveness and the promise of Heaven. This leaves over 60 million who are dying in their sin. This is a huge mission field. One we cannot ignore.

It has been said that the Millennial Generation is the most difficult to reach with the Gospel, but if you know where to reach them…and how, the task becomes much easier.

It seems like they’re more interested in leveraging desperation to convert millennials to their religion than in offering genuine heartfelt support to people in crisis.

For anyone who might be in crisis and is looking for a secular solution, the newly established 988 hotline in the US will offer genuine help without the sales pitch for Jesus.

• emeralddawn45
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

“How do we reach these Millenials? I just can’t relate to them” “I heard they like suicide”