I’ve been able to run all of my other regular games since switching to Pop!_OS, but one is giving me a problem still, Space Engineers.

Tried all of the Protons (and Proton-GE), tried various launch options, read all of the feedback left on protondb website for the game, looking for any other ideas. :)

• LifeCoffeeGaming@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Had similar issues. If you jump onto the developers discord there is a Linux section, it has detailed instructions pinned on how to get it to work perfectly!

• kennebel@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 days ago

So far no joy. The Linux channel and posts haven’t been able to crack this nut. New version of Pop OS coming soon based on Ubuntu 24.04, will try again after the update. :)

• Eddy@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Space Engineers… S76 engineers should name themselves that.

• M500@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Do you have the epic games version of civ 6?

That don’t work for me, but the Steam version works just fine.

• fireweed@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I’m pretty sure it’s the steam version (it was purchased from there… The game worked fine until suddenly it didn’t anymore, and troubleshooting hasn’t been fruitful)

• /home/pineapplelover@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Maybe log out of Steam and sign back in again (I remember CSGO had that happen to me and this step fixed it), updating your computer and packages, restart your computer, uninstall and reinstall the game.