Hi there, just started using Librewolf and when im using a terminal via the browser Librewolf is loading it rather weirdly. How can I fix this? This website in specific is supposed to load my terminal.

• Walt Wooton@spartanburg.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

@Sunny I’ve seen this before in Firefox on Win10. Did not happen in Chrome. Does not happen in Firefox on Linux. It didn’t used to happen in Firefox on Win10, but I can’t tell you at what point it started (within two years). Tried various things, but never tracked down the cause.

• Sunny' 🌻@slrpnk.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Yeah I’ve never seen this in any other browser myself - only with Librewolf. Am thinking its some sort of privacy/fingerprinting issue maaaybe? Just guessing.

• Anafabula
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

privacy.resistFingerprinting in about:config.
        It does a lot of things, including messing with canvas & webgl which causes these glitches on some websites.
        I guess Librewolf enables it by default.

• skimm@lemmy.sdf.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

This is the cause. Your should be able to override it on a per site basis via the shield button in the address bar.

• poVoq@slrpnk.net
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 months ago

Yeah and I wish it was easier to disable. I nearly ditched LibreWolf again because it breaks so many websites and there is no clear explanation why and you can’t turn it off in the normal settings menu.