• TheBest@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I like this concept. Dont get burnt out! Switch to Bi-Daily if you start feeling less compelled, but this type of commitment will definitely help the community grow!

Thanks for doing it!

• Chee_Koala@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Bonustip: Use F in 2D view to focus on the selected node, ensuring it’s centered and perfectly framed in your workspace!

• Chee_Koala@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

Ategon, please and thank you. You are the hero this lemmycom needs, and this tip was new for me.

As said by others: keeping this up would be fantastic. Fighting the good fight. <3

• XPost3000@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

The best part is that each cursor has its own clipboard, which makes making setter getters way fast

• FizzyOrange@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

IMO multiple cursors give you 90% of Vim’s power without forcing you to learn a gazillion mnemonics.

Ctrl-D is all you need.

• Farid@startrek.website
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I’ve known this for a long time, but never found a use for it.
    In the example provided it would’ve been much easier and faster to write down the first line, duplicate it down using Shift + Alt + Arrow Down (iirc) and type the remaining symbol.

Multi-cursor is useful in other situations though. Like when you want to select and replace a few cases but not all. For example, change some new lines to spaces or vise versa.