J.D. Vance has joined the chorus of conservatives who have begun claiming that President Joe Biden’s decision to withdraw from the 2024 presidential race constitutes a so-called “coup” in the Democratic Party.

In an interview filmed on Saturday with Fox News’s Jesse Watters, a clip of which aired on Fox & Friends Monday morning, Watters asked former President Donald Trump and his newly minted running mate, Vance, the new question plaguing Republicans: “Is it a coup against Joe Biden?” Both of them fumbled their answers.

“Uh, sort of,” Trump said unsure, looking over to Vance for explanation.

• akilou@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

They’re talking about invoking the 25th amendment… Like they want Kamala to be president sooner?

Never mind the faulty logic of “if you don’t want to run for president again, you can’t run the country now”

• SparrowRanjitScaur@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

They don’t have anything they can use against her right now. They want to get her in office for a few months so they can attack every single choice she makes.

• quicklime@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

They think her odds against Trump are possibly even worse than Biden’s were. But they’re mistaken

• BoxOfFeet@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

If Biden died, and the Dems still ran him, I’d vote for his corpse because he’s not Trump. If Harris ends up the nominee, I’ll vote for her for the same reason. But I’m not excited about it.