Do you think it’s bad because of the bad optimisation of the base game? Is it overpriced? Tell me about it

• English Mobster@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m hoping that the DLCs will fix some of the performance issues, but given Game Freak’s history I’m not getting my hopes up.

What I was really hoping for was a return to Kalos or something. It seems like an obvious thing to do, especially given that the game seems to be hinting at bringing back Megas and Spain borders France (obviously).

I’m reserving judgement until we know more about the DLCs, but like I said - I’m not getting my hopes up…

• Mindless_Enigma@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

My gut reaction when hearing “DLC” is to hate it usually. But thinking logically it’s a better deal for Pokemon fans to get the new content through these DLCs than to buy the same half-baked game again for another $60 just to get access to the new content.

It rubs me the wrong way though to see them putting out these paid pieces of content while the base games still suffer with pretty egregious performance and graphical issues that shouldn’t be present in a modern game on the Switch.