link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

Thank you. I don’t know much about or read many comics or manga, but I’m interested in what’s out there.

Manga often turns me off because I just can’t bring myself to care about schoolgirls and demon lords.

Edit: oh it’s high school girls. Pass, but thank you.

• stringere@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

You should start by reading “That One Time I Reincarnated as a Schoolgirl at the Demon Lord Academy”.

• DavidGarcia@feddit.nl
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Blame!, Berserk, Akira, Chainsaw Man, Vagabond, JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure, Dorohedoro, Tokyo Ghoul, Aposimz, Gangsta are some obvious ones that come to mind

• Clay_pidgin@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            2 months ago

I read and watched Akira on clay tablet back in the day. JoJo looks like a parody - do people watch it seriously? It’s got to be satire, right?

I’ve never heard of most of those, so thank you.

• SkyezOpen@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              2 months ago

Hunter x hunter is also considered an all-time great, and probably my personal favorite anime. Be sure to watch the 2011 series if you decide to check it out, the original drags.

• domdanial@reddthat.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

Please look up some popular manga and pick from that. This is (fine and popular) horny highschool will-they-wont-they trash.

You are probably wanting something more mature in general, and romance stuff in particular, than what most of the fan base wants.

If you like “daily romance” as a genre, “Kowloon Generic Romance” is one I enjoyed.