I found this satire piece to be absolutely delightful, capturing the potential rage that Hilary kept under wraps after it was announced that Trump won. It was a disappointing time, as that orange clown got the better of a far more fit person to serve in office.

• DragonTypeWyvern@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

Hillary Clinton willingly campaigned with “close family friend” Henry Kissinger after it was public knowledge that he conspired with the Nixon campaign to sabotage Vietnam peace talks to win an election.

Fuck her. She wasn’t less corrupt than Trump, she just wasn’t as stupid.

• Tyfud@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

I mean, she’s a LOT less corrupt than trump. There are scales to this. trump literally stole state secrets to sell to our enemies for a profit; he tried to extort Ukraine, he’s so firmly in Putin’s pocket that he may as well be a Russian agent, and he’s threatening genocides and dictatorships and political violence daily, maybe hourly.

So yeah, she’s a hell of a lot less corrupt. That doesn’t make her blameless or uncorrupt, but there’s shades of gray to this my man. :)

• 1371113@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

She’s not dumb enough to get caught. At this stage governments all over the western world have been selling their voters taxes, health and wellbeing and service regulation to big business since at least the 80s. There’s not a single person near the top of any of these steaming shit heaps that isn’t greedy and amoral.

• mindbleach@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

The Idiot invited Kremlin agents into the Oval Office to laugh about firing the FBI director, and we only found out because Russian photographers published the pictures.

She was a lot less corrupt than The Idiot.