• MehBlah@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 months ago

So ESPN favors trump is what you are saying. That site is owned by them. Always look at the bias.

• OldWoodFrame@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

They’re aggregating polls with a public methodology. Just because an organization exists doesn’t mean it is pushing a bias in everything it does. If you’re going to claim a bias point it out, say what they are doing to bias the results, you can’t infer it from results.

• MehBlah@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 months ago

You can’t get anything unbiased if the site is owned by a huge corporation. You can get that fantasy out of your head. That site is nothing but polls by disney.

• OldWoodFrame@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          2 months ago

But it’s polls by everyone.

And yes you CAN get unbiased information from a huge corporation. Do you have a weather app? Book publishers are corporations, are Earth Science textbooks biased for one political candidate?

I’m not saying they CANT be biased, I’m saying you do need literally any evidence before just asserting that they are.

• MehBlah@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

On the surface but I hardly am going to trust something that is run by disney.

• MehBlah@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            2 months ago

They are biased not because the aggregate but because they limit reviews. Who uses them? People who can form their own opinions of what they like.

• MehBlah@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Entertainment news is pretty much all we have left. All of them are geared toward getting views and ratings. I have zero trust these days. I’m hardly ever surprised when some new corruption comes out and how quickly it disappears behind a cacophony of crap that doesn’t matter to me in the least. When people constantly stand on poll data that in my 53 years I’ve never been asked to participate in any poll. I’m pretty sure I am in no way unique so I figure polls are targeted for a result and I’m not a part of the process. I’m just supposed to be a consumer.