Seriously, I am tired of the stereotypes of leftists in the west looking like they all grow soy beans, as the fash call it ie weak as fuck. And almost to a large degree, it’s true.

I see chuds everywhere when I go to the community garden, and their plants are fucking huge ngl. They take care of their tomatoes. I don’t care if you’re growing potatoes, cucumbers, squash, artichokes, you have to have those fruits and leaves fucking huge and shooting to the sky and looking good. You want to help the cause? Help yourself. Do it for vanity, do it for others, do it for the greater good, I don’t care. Fucking weed and fertilize the best you can and get those veggies the biggest they can be.

It’s hard, but so is literally everything. Just know this is going to take 3-4 years of consistency. If you’re starting out, don’t worry about a garden layout, and just plant good shit. Your biggest goal at this point is consistency, watering 5 days a week. Do that over 3-4 years, and progressive growth every single day whether that be lettuce or whatever.

I want you fuckers to be fucking vain jesus fuck. Fuck your organics, use Miracle Grow for all I care, but have a green thumb while doing it. Slowly start doing more functional things such as eggplant or mushrooms w/e to truly maximise your gardening potential.

• EmmaGoldman [she/her, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

One of my houseplants is a Dieffenbachia that just won’t fucking get it together.

I’m doing everything right, it’s in an appropriate soil in an ideally sized pot, getting the right levels of water and sunlight. (I even checked with a lux meter and supplement the natural light with an artificial growth light)

It just keeps putting out these new leaves that then immediately die. It’s driving me crazy.

• Robert_Kennedy_Jr [xe/xem, xey/xem]@hexbear.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

Yeah sometimes you can treat them better than some people treat their children and they still struggle. I have a couple I think Pothos plants that were on their way out a couple months after I finally put them in soil until I adjusted my watering to twice as often with half as much so the roots don’t get rotted out. Got some orchids shoved on me by a relative that didn’t want to bother with them and I recently threw the last one on the compost pile after the leaves all fell off, have a couple others that are doing fine and putting out new growth even if I haven’t gotten them to bloom yet.

• sexywheat [none/use name]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Comrade try using terracotta spikes they’re a god send. Just plop an upside down wine bottle in them and it automatically slow-releases directly to the root system. They’re designed specifically for addressing drought affected environments.