I want to use Linkwarden to backup websites I find but I can’t afford a subscription right now. What’s the easiest way to selfhost it on my desktop pc (windows) that will keep it updated and working without having to mess with it or do a bunch of command line stuff?

• zelifcam@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 months ago

It wasn’t exactly hiding. Completely accessible from their git repo. Also a link on their website. One of the first results when searching Google.

https://docs.linkwarden.app/self-hosting/installation

selfhost it on my desktop pc (windows) that will keep it updated and working without having to mess with it or do a bunch of command line stuff

You’re on a self-hosting community. If you want to self host, you might have to learn a little something new.

I haven’t read their documentation, but you’re also going to have to make sure you setup your router properly if you want to access it outside your home.

• MangoPenguin@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

Grab docker desktop, then I think you should just be able to follow the Linkwarden install docs. It’s been awhile since I’ve used docker on windows though.