• Maple@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Those developers trying to shit on Larian need to cry and seethe more. Terribly incompetent people who can’t create good games themselves, why not trying taking notes instead?

Keep up the great work Larian.

• Heavybell@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

The devs are mostly not the problem with the state of AAA games today, it’s the people telling them what to do in order to maximise profits.

Same as with most problems we face as a species, really.

• WhatAmLemmy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

But I was told every individual ruthlessly and insatiably acting solely out of greed for personal gain — regardless of ethics, morality, or empathy — was the greatest, most efficient, bestest, freedomest thing to have ever existed?

Why would corporate sociopaths lie? What could they po$$ibly have to gain?

• Goronmon@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Those developers trying to shit on Larian need to cry and seethe more.

I can’t find developers doing this. Seems like a mostly made up concern by overly sensitive people looking to be angry about something.

• Maple@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

The picture in the OP is PR for a publishing company. There are many other accounts of people who work in the industry who are angry/jealous of Larian. You’re probably just not looking in the right places.

• Cornelius_Wangenheim@lemmynsfw.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Try actually reading what the developers are saying. Most are saying that they can’t make good games because the suits won’t let them. They keep fucking over and chasing off the most experienced and visionary people, force teams to chase trends instead of concentrating on one type of game and never give them enough time.

• Maple@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

From all that I’ve seen it’s more like they are trying to dismiss the success that Larian has found by saying that they are a special case which is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Larian did hard work and are being rewarded for it.

• Maple@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

Who in management exactly? As far as I know Larian is not responsible for the tweets aside from just making a good game.

• RegularGoose@sh.itjust.works
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

I’m not talking about Larian, I’m talking about the studios who want to keep cranking out suppisedly AAA games that are little more than creatively bankrupt, dressed up vending machines.

• Maple@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

Yeah, in that case I totally agree. It’s just ineptitude shouting at excellence.