Apple’s rumoured foldable iPhone (possibly iPhone Flip) might launch in 2026, but display crease, and design are roadblocks.

• MeanEYE@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 month ago

If it’s easily avoidable then it’s not. I have a foldable for years now and haven’t damaged inner screen once. You normally don’t use nails on your regular phone with glass screen, why would you here?

• EddoWagt@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

There are other things which might touch your screen like dust, which are much harder than a fingernail and thus will be able to scratch it. Just because it hasn’t happened to you yet doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

At the end of the day a glass screen will always be more scratch resistant than a plastic screen

• lorty@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

I’ve had my foldable for a couple of years and even after removing the factory screen protection I’ve had 0 scratches on it.

If you are a careful person with your phone, they are fine. If you are the type to crack your screen after a week of use, then they are even more of a headache.

• MeanEYE@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 month ago

See, this tells me you are talking out of your ass and just assuming things without actually owning foldable screen. Under normal use conditions devices are perfectly fine. They don’t scratch. If anything they are more protected than a regular phone’s screen because they are closed. Besides you use screen protector like you’d use on any device.