• Nothing4You@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

It seems that p.d didn’t or wasn’t able to fetch the community moderator list yet, which would prevent it from accepting any new posts to the community, as it’s set to allow posting by mods only and the bot isn’t detected as mod yet.

I think the only way (without manual intervention) might be to access the community after 24h to have Lemmy refresh this from the origin server.

• v9CYKjLeia10dZpz88iU@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

I think it’s federating. Are you following that community? I think federation sometimes only works for new content after the first follower.

This post federated for me after following multiple communities that /u/bot@rss.ponder.cat was moderating.

edit: I think I’m wrong. I just checked and there are new New York Times articles that didn’t federate.

• Ategon@programming.devM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

Federation seems to be working, just that one specific community broke for some reason

All these communities fall under the realm of things I hide from the main feeds though since its majority bot content so at some point youll have to subscribe to see the posts

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 month ago

Yeah, I go through and hide things every once in awhile by looking though communities in the database with some queries

BBC is hidden since i just went though and hid them. Sub and youll see all the posts. Hackaday isnt fetching posts looks like (did anyone sub previously?)

The last one should be scientificamerican instead of scientificamerica and seems to be functioning but hidden so sub and youll see the posts

• onlinepersona@programming.devOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 month ago

🤔 there must be a way to make users aware that subscribing is necessary. Indeed, after subbing I can now see posts, but as a user, I’m unaware which communities requiring subbing to have content shown and which ones just aren’t working. Having to sub to a community in order to find out is an insider trick.

Anti Commercial-AI license

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 month ago

If a community is shown with proper data its working and probably hidden (the one thats broken, nytimes, doesnt have correct data since its missing the stats and mod list)

But yeah lemmy has terrible UX for hidden communities atm