Overall it seems like Larian made an improved version of 5e. I almost want a PHB based on these rules. It’s like an Advanced 5e.There’s definitely some things that wouldn’t transfer to the table top as well like handling 4 boons and buffs to every roll.

I really like the camping supply cost to long rests and the weapon special abilities recharged on short rests.

• Vidarius@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    9 months ago

I’ve lifted the supply mechanic entirely. I built a system for my group which incentivizes foraging and cooking, but it was a little hazy on what constitutes one person’s daily ration.

It’s always been a bit of logistical haggling come the end of the day, breaking everything down to supplies makes it much easier. As opposed to a flat 40, I made a requirement per person and pack animal that they must meet for a full long-rest. My group loves recruiting, gotta make them work for it a little.

The second is how they handle Inspiration. I’ve always hated this mechanic, but I’ve since implemented it as a second chance reroll like BG3. It works much better and incentivizes the players to use it and not hoard it.

So far the player feedback has been positive, I don’t know that mine would care for the weapon skills, but I’ll keep it in mind.