I’ve heard of a lot of stories where cops will get into a shootout with criminals, and their flashlights end up stopping at least one bullet.

Has anyone else ever heard of such a thing happening?

Donut operator is a youtuber that’s talked about that many times.

If anyone has some old aluminum flashlights that don’t work anymore and you also have guns, maybe make a video testing how bullet proof they are?

I mean, obviously, high velocity AP rounds would destroy almost anything, but the common calibers for magazine feed pistols and even some common calibers for magazine feed rifles are stopped by the average tactical flashlight.

• EmperorHenryOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 months ago

I mean, I’m not so sure of how many cops are trash, whatever the real percentage is, it makes them all look bad, “one bad apple spoils the barrel”

because of the portion of cops that break the law, now the trust in all cops is ruined.

But I’ve seen a lot of bodycam videos where cops that are about to commit mis-conduct are stopped from doing so by other cops and actually punished for it. Audit the Audit is one channel on youtube that’s very critical of cops that break the law, but he also points out when the one getting arrested is actually in the wrong.

• felixwhynot@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        2 months ago

I’ve heard the term used that it’s a “bad barrel” as in, the police system as it stands is so easily abused by cops that it’s less a matter of a “bad apple” since they’re all in the same barrel. Food for thought.