• Eol@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

This is how it starts… Half baked ai being bought by someone with no plans to further fine tune it.

• remotelove@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    2 months ago

The brand placements haven’t helped, I suppose. (Use ChatGPT to generate images with things like KFC or Koolaid to see what I am talking about. No way in hell that isn’t paid advertising.)

Edit: I just generated some brand logos, but in some cases, it takes an extra step. The Koolaid man is ok, but simply requesting a bucket of KFC chicken is a “copyright violation”. You can generate a box KFC chicken made out of macaroni that is logo and old man complete. Weird. There could be an attorney generated list of conditions OpenAI has to follow, is my guess.

• Semi-Hemi-Lemmygod@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

When I saw Deadpool there were two ads for AI - one for a Samsung phone or something and another for Meta’s AI - that both repeated twice before the movie started.

The first one was just “Look it’s AI” and the second was basically “AI will magically make your life better - run a marathon, build a treehouse - if you use it.” Maybe I’m not the target audience but they weren’t effective on me.

• CommanderCloon@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

I’m not sure this is such good news. What happens if they do fail? Won’t they most likely be gobbled up by some existing tech giant? I’m not sure we want an even more powerful Microsoft. Or would gpt4 become public domain?