With gaming often bringing me into a really depressive headspace sometimes with how the markets are developing, whats a game you can always go to and just be lost in, or just be happy with?

Personally i would go for advance wars 1 and 2 on the gba (there is no remake and never will be)

the artstyle, the music, the game-play is just simple, yet effective, a sublime experience of very fun times.

Whats yours?

• pathief@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 年前

For me it’s Final Fantasy VIII, the first game I bought with my own money. Gaming was hard back then, I had no allowance or any sort of income. I bought games with money I got from Christmas and birthday. My friends all loved final fantasy VII and bragged about it but I just could not afford it when it launched. I bought Final Fantasy VIII on launch after reading glowing reviews on a local gaming magazine and I loved the game. I know the junction mechanic is flawed, I know the draw system is bad, I know the story isn’t the best. I still loved it and played it to 100% a ton of times. Bought it in pretty much all platforms I own (including twice on Steam, even tho it was a ripoff). The game really makes me realize how far I’ve come in life and how fortunate I am on how everything turned out.

• LEONHART@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 年前

Ah, a fellow FFVIII lover. Forever my personal favorite in the series (as my user name probably implies).

• pathief@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 年前

I also love Final Fantasy X, I remember playing that game for the first time and thinking graphics couldn’t possibly become more realistic xD

I think VIII is still my favorite but mostly for sentimental reasons.