What’s your best story of something you’ve seen go down at your local FFL? Be it fudd lore overheard, odd characters, or any other noteable occurrences.

• FireTower@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

The strangest person I’ve seen was probably a man dressed up like a 1950s, detective trenchcoat and all. He was in a ban state FFL and asked about an AR on the rack. I’d noticed it before and called out it was a M&P15-22 and was legal to what I presume was the state inspector. No other words to the guy. When he left the store he looked at me an tipped his hat then walked out the door.

This happened on a +80° Summer day about two years ago. I have no clue still why he woke up and decided to dress up like Inspector Gadget.

• guazzabuglio@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I went into my local gun shop for a transfer, and the big burly dude who owns the shop got a phone call in the middle of it. His ringtone was a song from Les Mis. Definitely didn’t expect that one.

• residentroofkorean@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Sadly, the most interesting thing I’ve ever witnessed at my local FFL was a lady coming in to pick up a $10,000 custom over under shotgun that got shipped in from one of those old-world heritage custom shops as a gift for her teenage daughter.