Hi,

I simulated to buy the pro version in TestFlight. When I installed the AppStore version my pro status was not reset properly.

Edit: This is how I found out, not part if the problem:

I recognized this, when I installed the App on the iPad and tried to restore the subscription: there was none.

• willya@lemmyf.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Well yeah. The TestFlight version didn’t give you a free sub. It was for testing purposes.

• a887dcd7a@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I did not expect anything to be free.

I expected the correct installed App to reset the testflight’s testing pro status, so I can purchase. Pro was carried over to the production version, where I did not pay, yet.

This should not happen as anybody with testflight could use this bug to go pro without payment.

• willya@lemmyf.uk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Ah, I read it the as you were trying to get it for free. I just checked out my version and the same is true for mine as well. Hmm

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

Yes. My my name is Karen and I tested this service for free. After a quick chat with the manager I expect to get this service for free indefinitely.

😂

Na. Honestly I just wanted dev duo to know that purchasing can be bypassed. But if TestFlight is discontinued, this poses no risk.

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Yes and thanks.

I think I understand the root cause, as the user data is persistent and not invalidated. Also I found a fitting workaround for myself.

I did not see anything being said about this behavior, but I also did not search in particular.

If it‘s already been dealt with: the better ☺️