• NewAgeOldPerson@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

This is one of those things I see people complain about everyone complaining. Like vegans or CrossFit people. I’ve met far more people complaining about complaints than actual incidents.

Most of us get it. It’s kids. I’ve seen obviously not emotional support animals brought in by asshats. Kids aren’t my concern.

• UID_Zero@infosec.pub
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I’m thankful that my kids fly well, and always have. We flew with them at ~15 months with no issues.

I’ve always heard the complaints about screaming infants and whatnot…but I’ve never seen it. Granted, I don’t fly too often (and less so more recently), but I’ve never had the “classic” kid crying through the entire flight. It just doesn’t happen as often as people think. I’m sure when it does happen that it’s pretty f’n annoying, though.

• Dr_pepper_spray@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

I have. It’s pretty unpleasant, but you put your headphones on and listen to something. These people that assume there is some policy that flights have to be as quiet as a church are beyond me.

• Ryumast3r@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

FYI, emotional support animals aren’t protected on flights any more than other animals on flights, meaning they have to stay in a crate/kennel.

Only service animals can be outside of the carrier and there’s extra paperwork associated with that.

• ThePac@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Kids these days (Yes, I said that unironically) can’t be assed to deal with any amount of discomfort. They’ve had a childhood of screens put in front of them so they don’t have to deal with boredom and other shit that just ruins a person’s ability to operate in society.

Grow the fuck up and deal with it.

EDIT: So apparently people are reading this like I’m talking about the crying babies. I’m talking about the ridiculous, pseudo-child-free adults who can’t believe a baby might have trouble while flying and god forbid they should hear it cry.

• AeroLemming@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

You mean their brains have been wired from an early age to be addicted to short-form content and never tolerate moments with nothing happening because they were given unfettered access to the internet and the psychological manipulation from big corporations that comes with it?

They’re just supposed to grow up and deal with that? How?

• ThePac@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

They’re just supposed to grow up and deal with that?

Literally yes. I’m sure the process might be different for each person, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask that people learn to deal with the world around them instead of expecting the world to bend to their complaints at every discomfort. It won’t.

• AeroLemming@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            11 months ago

Mental disorders relating to attention have skyrocketed in recent years, most likely due to the influence of social media on young minds. This shit is causing actual brain damage to these poor children because they don’t know any better and their parents won’t limit their screen time. You can’t put that all on the kid.

• ThePac@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              edit-2
              11 months ago

I am putting it on the adults complaining about crying kids on planes or whatever other little thing that gets under their skin.

• AeroLemming@lemm.ee
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                11 months ago

Oh, well that changes the meaning of your comments entirely. Damn pronouns, always causing ambiguity everywhere!

• Zalzabar@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                11 months ago

Not long ago I heard someone on the radio get very angry over kids playing ball hockey on their own street and in the same breath will complain that kids don’t go outside enough so yes I 100% agree with you people expect the world to bend for them when it’s inconvenient for them they are less of an adult then these kids crying on a plane smh

• kablammy@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

FYI the younger ones are screaming because of pain from the inner ear air pressure changes that they don’t know how to prevent.

• ThePac@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          11 months ago

JFC are people really understanding my take as blaming the fucking babies? The whole “kids these days” was a tongue-in-cheek reference to the adults in the plane complaining about the babies.

• SpiderShoeCult@sopuli.xyz
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

nah, lad, people are most likely understanding exactly what ya meant and they’re downvoting because of that. also the ‘pseudo-childfree’ mention might also be bothersome to some, what with it suggesting said lifestyle might be just a phase and thus claiming to have the absolute truth and such things. pretty sure parents would downvote a childfree person for suggesting a pseudo-parent notion.

but I’m 2 ales and a barleywine in already, so YMMV

this thread is entertaining though, for what it’s worth. I just want to see the fuckcarspeople get involved here as well, 'cause it’s getting kind of repetitive

why isn’t there a fuckplanes community, I wonder? I mean they still use leaded fuel and are probably making us all stupider and more violent and stuff

• ThePac@lemmy.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

Maybe go start c/fuck_everything?

also the ‘pseudo-childfree’ mention might also be bothersome to some, what with it suggesting said lifestyle might be just a phase

That was not my intention. I don’t consider it a phase and I don’t think everyone needs to be a parent. I just got a very c\fuck_kids vibe from the whole thing. I’m sure I could have said it better, but… eh.

• oregoncom [he/him]@hexbear.net
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

kids these days can’t be assed to deal with any amount of discomfort.🤓 🤓 🤓 🤓 🤓

Your lack of self awareness is astounding.