Trying to get to know the community a bit more.

If you want to share figures (you don’t have to) you might probably want to use a throwaway account, better safe than sorry.

• shellsharks@infosec.pub
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Would never say no to more. Could probably make more at same level. But am mostly happy / feel fortunate for where I’m at.

• BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I always feel like the tipping point is where you are starting to mostly consider other aspects (work-life balance, work load, colleagues, type of work) over pay.

For me that’s happening now, before I would mostly take the salary into account.

• ATQ@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

This is where I’ve been for a couple of years now. Could I make more money and have more responsibility? Absolutely. But I make plenty, I work with good people, and I “work” from home twice a week. My week is 10 hours of real work, 10 hours of meetings about that work, and 20 hours of fucking around waiting for other people to finish their work. I do most of my fucking around at home where I can do whatever I want. Do I really want to give up this slack ass job to chase a 10->15% raise? I’m not sure I do.