Trying to get to know the community a bit more.

If you want to share figures (you don’t have to) you might probably want to use a throwaway account, better safe than sorry.

• Turkey_Titty_city@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

where do you find your partner?

I’m nearly 40 and every lady I try to date thinks a low stress lifestyle with a work/life balance is a horrible thing. They are all obsessed with ‘ambition’. And when i talk about wanting to actually be a father to my children and having a life outside of my job, they basically tell me to f myself and that I am not a ‘real man’.

• primetime00@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Found mine before I really had a career. Ambition can also be saving for retirement and post work life. I am also a DIY person, I rack that up to having hobbies and wanting to learn stuff outside of work.
      I read a lot of biographies about people who’ve made boat loads of money, and one of the big sacrifices of that is family. You just don’t have enough time for making money all the time and managing a family.

• carl_dungeon@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Those are toxic people. I met my wife in college. We have kids so if we didn’t both help out, the other would be stuck doing all of it and it’d suck. I handle house repair stuff, big projects, the cars, and split kid duty. She handles stuff I don’t like- like laundry and cleaning up. We both cook but mostly me.

I may not be singularly career driven, but we do really well- I think we’re better off than most people in our age and friend group. I’m 39, she’s 37.

A buddy of mine really struggled to meet someone- he was interested in getting married and having kids and most people out there dating weren’t looking for anything serious, or had lots of baggage.

There’s hope though, just keep putting yourself out there!