Trying to get to know the community a bit more.

If you want to share figures (you don’t have to) you might probably want to use a throwaway account, better safe than sorry.

• AlecSadler@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Satisfied enough, I guess. I make a little over half a million a year. Thing is, I burn about $30k/mo right now trying to keep my small businesses afloat (debts from mid-covid, payroll, medical benefits for employees). A little less than $10k/mo goes to my own bills, savings, retirement, health, etc. Rest usually goes back to the community or local charitable causes.

I take zero money out of my businesses and haven’t for 3 years or so now.

What would be great is if I could get back to where the businesses are self-sustaining, but the last few COVID years changed so much that I’m beginning to doubt it’s possible and at the moment I don’t have the heart to just shut them down or leave the employees without a job.

But, I can’t work 80 hours+ a week forever. I have a family too. I think it will help once the debts are paid off, but just trend/trajectory-wise it will still take some additional foot traffic and sales growth that I’m just not sure will happen anymore.