Trying to get to know the community a bit more.

If you want to share figures (you don’t have to) you might probably want to use a throwaway account, better safe than sorry.

• eran_morad@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Just got an email yesterday from a guy who wants to talk with me about a job paying 50% more than what I currently make. No joke.

I work in a very small, very niche field. Jobs are hard to come by, but they pay.

• eran_morad@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Eh, it’s not that simple. It rarely is. There’s always trade-offs. And the job hasn’t been offered to me yet. But I will talk to the man.

• bakachu@sh.itjust.works
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Fully agree with this. I’m currently interviewing and have reached the “reward phase” where 3-4 companies are offering me salary & benefits packages. I’ll likely be taking the lowest package with the farthest drive because that work interests me the most and offers interesting travel opportunities. Just a little heartburn on the salary though, but still more than what I’m making now by 15%. But yeah there’s a lot to weigh out.

• Deftdrummer@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

You should definitely pursue that. That’s how making 40% or 50% more can happen overnight - by simply changing jobs. Of course you’ve got to factor in the extraneous things like commute and child care, but that’s the general rule of thumb. Change jobs every 3 years, make more. It’s statistically proven.