Hey everyone! I’ll be going through and making features for the site soon (as I’ve almost got my laptop back) and wanted to know if there was any features that are wanted that I dont already have noted down

I’m currently planning to do:

• Customizable icon shapes (circle, hexagon, etc.)
  • Flairs
  • Ability to block an instance
  • Ability for admins or community mods to hide communities from the all feed
  • Community short descriptions (to show in the community list + top of sidebar)

And polls are also being worked on by snowe

Will try to get the changes merged into lemmy itself as well but they’ll be released here first

• Ategon@programming.devOPM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Yeah no idea how that would be connected. I know theres an extension that does it so I might need to look at the source for that

• canpolat@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I believe there is an API to convert such a link, but detecting that a link is going to a Lemmy instance might be difficult (or non-elegant).

• cacheson@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Should be able to just compare against the list of known instances. It’ll miss the ones that aren’t connected yet, but that should fix itself once someone subscribes to a remote community on the missing instance.

• canpolat@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Yeah, that’s what I meant by non-elegant. I think the way Lemmy assigns IDs to posts and comments should be re-thought. Dictionary lookup is a solution, but not a good one.

• cacheson@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

Hmm, yeah, I see what you mean. Wasn’t thinking about having to convert the IDs. Plus the actual local copy of the post needs to be available, not just a connection to the remote instance.