Was looking at the feed here and I see a bunch of discussion thread posts. Would it be better to have one stickied post with all recent discussion threads within it? Feel like it’ll let other posts on the community get more visibility.

• Blaze
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

By discussion threads, you mean the discussions dedicated to a movie, that are currently pinned, correct?

If yes, I was actually thinking about splitting the movie and the tv content in two separate communities, as I guess the current lack of visibility is due to both contents being in the same place

• echoplex21@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

That’s what I mean exactly.

That’s also a great idea about splitting it up. having both kind of dilutes the community to have both in one.

• Blaze
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Happy to see that you agree.

I just had a look at Reddit, they also have a pinned post "What is the Best Film You Watched Last Week? (08/09/23-08/16/23) ", we could do that, but in a dedicated movie community, otherwise we would have to have a similar post for tv shows and I guess that would create a similar issue to what we have now with too many pinned posts

• echoplex21@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Yeah that would be great. I think both ideas if implemented would be excellen. Both types of media in one comm dilutes what people may want to talk about. Maybe its because communities are smaller here so they don’t want each individual community to feel like there’s a dearth of content. I’m also subscribed to the movies community in lemmy.world and lemmy.ml as well but this definitely has the most activity.

• 'M' as in 'MANCY'@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Why not have a pinned mega thread that points to the discussion threads of the week, instead of pinning the individual threads?

• Blaze
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

As I said, I think splitting tv and movies content would also solve the issue of having too many pinned posts and content irrelevant for a part of the audience (I like movies, but don’t care that much about tv).

Having a pinned post linking to other discussions threads would not achieve that

• 'M' as in 'MANCY'@lemmy.ca
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

I mean what you said is fine too, I’m just throwing out suggestions.

You can easily have

• NEWLY RELEASED MOVIES OF THE WEEK (list movie names)
          • TV DISCUSSION OF THE WEEK

Then you only have two pinned posts where people can easily find threads instead of like 4 pinned movie posts, even if you do separate the movie and TV community.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Blaze
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

No worries, happy to discuss options :)

As I said in another comment, I just had a look at Reddit, they also have a pinned post "What is the Best Film You Watched Last Week? (08/09/23-08/16/23) ", we could do that, but in a dedicated movie community, otherwise we would have to have a similar post for tv shows and I guess that would create a similar issue to what we have now with too many pinned posts.

Long story short, I feel that movies and TV overlap but are not completely the same, and having all of that content together is not the best solution for community growth, as users tend to unsubscribe if they find too much content that is not relevant to them