• NegativeInf@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

All these evidences keep pointing to preservatives dissolved in specific fats. Makes sense it’s passing through gut lining and pickling our brains on a mass scale.

We need to move away from Generally Recognized as Safe and towards whitelisting substances that can be put in food without slowly poisoning society.

And I mean shit like adding titanium dust to cornflakes to make them appear more white. We’ve wrapped all the way around to adulteration of food. The FDA, the USDA, the Department of Agriculture, and the EPA need massive revamps and restructuring.

Too much corporate capture. Not enough consumer advocacy.

• LustyArgonianMana@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      2 months ago

Yes, and this is part of the reason why I think we should have Medicare4All available to everyone - to guarantee oyr government agencies are working diligently for the public health’s best interest. It’s kinda hard to sue for cancer, Erin Brokovich style, if you never get diagnosed with cancer in the first place because you couldn’t afford to see a doctor, get tested, or get treatment. And I’m almost certain this is a major reason corporations don’t want us to have it, along with it forcing us to work and/or join the military for healthcare. They don’t want more class actions.

And it’s bullshit because the money from those class actions isn’t even enough for the medical side. But it should pay for all the medical stuff, AND THEN SOME, for shortening our lifespans and pain and suffering

• bizarroland@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    2 months ago

If ultra processed foods are doing this to your brain what are they doing to your gut microbiota?

How are they hijacking your metabolism?

I mean, if you think about it, there’s an entire industry of food sciences that are strictly devoted to ensuring that you never get tired of eating your favorite junk food.

The model and balance your biological responses to the foods they sell that you consume to prevent your satiation centers from triggering so that you never get tired of eating Snickers bars and Doritos and drinking sugared sodas.

That way, you can eat all you want, get as fat as you possibly can, develop health issues, deplete your bank account, and then die before becoming a drain on Medicare and social security.

And pricing has worked it out so that only the moderately wealthy and above can afford to eat healthy food that does not do this to you.

And if you read how some of the fertilizers and chemical adulterants they are using to increase crop yields are causing the cell structures of plants to change so that even if you ate only food that you cook to yourself you would still be exposed to these chemicals, it gets really fucking scary.

I know this whole thing is about brain health but it doesn’t just stop there.

And it wouldn’t be so bad if it were just one person doing it. I mean if it were just Snickers bars, everyone would just say well that’s what you get for eating a Snickers bar, but as of right now the only way to eat healthy is to either spend a lot of money or to grow and harvest your food yourself, both of which are highly unsustainable in a world of wage stagnation and corporate profit prioritization.

I don’t have a solution for this and I don’t know anyone that does.