I have two unread messages I can’t access, as going to the notifications page results in a 50x error every time.

Has anyone else encountered this, or know of a fix?

This seems related to having left a comment, that got replied to, on a post that Kbin sees as “deleted_by_author” - after deletion, no comments are visible on the Kbin post.

The original post on Lemmy appears intact, while the version on Kbin is empty. Navigating to my own comment there is a blank result, but if I navigate via the ‘reply’ function it’s still available.

If Kbin is trying to load a reply it also believes does not exist, that may be breaking things - but it leaves my notification box permanently broken because there’s no way to ‘clear’ that paradox post from the listing.

• Anomander@kbin.socialOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Thank you! I wasn’t sure it’s appropriate to ping ernest - or what the approved bug reporting mechanism was here.

It may be worth linking to this thread? I think that whatever is going on with the sort-of-deleted-post there is what’s causing the inbox errors.

And thanks!, re the username. It was my handle on Reddit, too, snagged when only like two books in the series were out. At the time it was a couple niche fantasy novels and he was a side character that only appeared briefly in the first book, whose name sounded cool when said out loud. …Now that the whole series is out, wildly popular, and the character played a massive role, I feel like the kid who picked “superman” as his super-original internet username.