• AutoTL;DR@lemmings.worldB
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

A Republican state senator in Georgia has moved to impeach the Fulton county district attorney, Fani Willis.

On Thursday, Colton Moore wrote a letter to Governor Brian Kemp in which he called for an emergency review of Willis’s actions.

“We, the undersigned … hereby certify to you … that in our opinion an emergency exists in the affairs of the state, requiring a special session to be convened … for all purposes, to include, without limitation, the review and response to the actions of Fani Willis,” Moore wrote.

In a statement reported by the rightwing media outlet Breitbart, Moore said: “We must strip all funding and, if appropriate, impeach Fani Willis.”

We cannot stand idly by as corrupt prosecutors choose to target their political opposition,” the website read underneath a headline of “God.

Following Willis’s delivery of the 41-count indictment, the Fulton county district attorney, who is African American, has faced a wave of racist abuse online including from Trump, who, using a thinly veiled play on the N-word, wrote on Truth Social: “They never went after those that Rigged the Election … They only went after those that fought to find the RIGGERS!”

I’m a bot and I’m open source!

• Treczoks@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It is amazing. A politician attacks a professional doing her job and accuses her to be politically motivated. You just cannot make up shit like that.

On top of that, this issue calls for emergency measures in their opinion, as if the state had no real problems.

• hootenannyshenanigan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Following Willis’s delivery of the 41-count indictment, the Fulton county district attorney, who is African American, has faced a wave of racist abuse online including from Trump, who, using a thinly veiled play on the N-word, wrote on Truth Social: “They never went after those that Rigged the Election … They only went after those that fought to find the RIGGERS!”

What in the actual fuck.

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said, “I miss mean tweets and cheap gas.” Absolutely fuck these fascist racist asshole cultists.

• ViscountMochi@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

One time in the late 90s or maybe early 00s I got gas for $0.79/gallon. That was pretty sweet.