Look at it! What is that? It looks kind of like a cross section of a human, kind of, except the eyes are pools of blackened fire and the brain is sending electrical pulses out to… are those Jupiters? Why? Why??? This is absolute nightmare shit lol

• edric@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

The first thing I do on a fresh install of firefox is disable pocket.

• giant_smeeg@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

No, but a good option that still works:

• Disable pocket from the FF home page.
        • Get your personalised RSS link from your pocket profile
        • Add it to RSS reader of choice
        • Click pocket button on article
        • Read in RSS reader
        • Never see sponsored crap
        • shua_too@midwest.social
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I tried omnivore for a bit because it’s pretty clean and seems to integrate well with other apps like Obsidian, Logseq, etc. but I found it to be a little too sparse. I’m currently using raindrop.ion and that’s hitting the sweet spot for me. I think a big part of it is that omnivore is geared strongly toward heavy readers, so as a designer I save a lot of things for viewing more than reading, and more of an archive for projects and thoughts than something to catch up with. And I’ve got my reading list, movie list, software list, and all sorts of others in there that it’s closer to a personal Pinterest than a read it later app.

It is a really nice app though so if someone’s in the market for a reading-first definitely check it out! I’m personally really digging my personal knowledge archive with raindrop.ion and think it’s worth checking out too!

• KelsonV@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Assuming you mean the save-to-read-later functionality, I hear good things about Wallabag. You can even self-host it if you want.