I gotcha home. I may have closed my community but I still am community

• InvaderDJ@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I love looking at the translation differences between speed subs like OPScans, more thorough translations like TCB, and the official.

For example, TCB made it seem like it wasn’t just Kizaru being stubborn and sticking to his own code when it came to fighting Sentomaru first. He is doing it because he knows if he just skips over Sentomaru that the Pacifista and Sea Beasts will start destroying the Marine fleet.

And the official had an interesting change when it came to York and syncing with Punk Records. Both OP and TCB made it seem like York specifically didn’t sync the knowledge of the encryption code on the dome. But the official seems to imply that York never syncs her data with Punk Record. Like it was an intentional choice on Stella’s part to not sync York. Maybe because he only considered her useful when it came to eating, sleeping, and shitting and not for her own scientific abilities. That is an interesting change to me and makes me think that this disregard for York’s skills might be one reason why she betrayed them to try to be a Celestial Dragon and the only Vegapunk.

That could be an interesting wrinkle in all this. If this sentient being created by Vegapunk and with a portion of his brain feels like maybe Stella and the rest of the satellites don’t take her seriously, that would explain why they would do this.

• toshex@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

“Human life holds no more value than that of an insect. No matter how far their numbers dwindle, it’s always possible for them to multiply again.”

Chills! Not sure if he says this due to the Tenryuubito considering themselves gods on earth or because they elders and Imu are actually not human…

• Nesola@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Some of the groups decisions are really questionable. Why would you trust someone like Luci to be around you during regrouping and planning?

• Fais@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Well I think everyone feels safe knowing that luffy can no diff him. Also it’s better to keep him close where you can watch him rather than have him to off with shady business unseen

• InvaderDJ@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

At first they had no choice because they had to fight the Seraphim and needed all hands on deck. And now, the lab is locked down so they can’t exactly kick him out.

• Papercrane@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

So many weird moments are clear now. Some things chopper said didn’t make sense and many other points in the first half were very differently worded. I’m glad I looked at this chapter again

• Fais@lemm.eeOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

The rough scans definitely had some disconnect in its pacing with the dialog.

Tcb pulled through once again with goat behaviour