link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

This is the best summary I could come up with:

If you’ve been holding out hope that Microsoft was gearing up to ship a big update for Surface Duo at some point this year, I think it might be time to let that boat sail.

The company has seemingly gone radio silent on all things Surface Duo, providing “nothing to share” responses to any questions asked about the product.

Existing Surface Duo 2 customers will continue to get monthly security updates between now and October 2024, but whether or not the company plans to deliver any more major Android OS versions is another question entirely.

This would have been a chance for Microsoft to reassure existing users that they hadn’t been abandoned, but the company decided to issue yet another “nothing to share” comment.

Before active development on Surface Duo OS stopped, the company was working on a handful of new features that would have shipped on top of Android 12L.

These new features included a new Windows 365-powered Continuum mode, which would let you log in to a Cloud PC when plugging the Surface Duo into an external display.

I’m a bot and I’m open source!

• justalittleguy@lemdro.id
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

It’s so weird that Continuum mode didn’t make it, but the Lenovo ThinkPhone seems to be getting it.