miku-gun I won’t ask twice.

• daniyeg@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 month ago

one of the first if not the first iranian video game magazine called Donya ye Bazi (world of gaming). sadly they stopped publication 10 years ago now it’s just a website with very low effort articles that’s not worth following.

most of the issues came with a poster of upcoming releases, usually the cover art. i had a family member that covered the entirety of their walls with them. the magazine itself wasn’t anything out of this world, but it was something new.

• SorosFootSoldier [he/him, they/them]@hexbear.netOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

most of the issues came with a poster of upcoming releases, usually the cover art. i had a family member that covered the entirety of their walls with them. the magazine itself wasn’t anything out of this world, but it was something new.

Posters are sick! I also used to collect the unofficial playstation magazine and it came with posters too, sadly I threw most of them away :/

• daniyeg@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 month ago

i agree posters are sick as hell but unfortunately this magazine was before my time. the aforementioned posters are still up. it just that they have been aging for the past decade so they don’t look too good.

the 24 news cycle website style journalism really lacks the excitement of biweekly magazines with sick ass posters. you can just forget about it for 2 weeks then get excited for new releases and have a cool ass poster on your wall. i wish we could go back on this front.

• SorosFootSoldier [he/him, they/them]@hexbear.netOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 month ago

the 24 news cycle website style journalism really lacks the excitement of biweekly magazines with sick ass posters. you can just forget about it for 2 weeks then get excited for new releases and have a cool ass poster on your wall. i wish we could go back on this front.

I miss it too. I used to love getting my magazine in the mail and browsing all the upcoming games. The magic just isn’t there anymore. I think the last good news site for gaming I used was this blog like thing called The Magic Box that covered a lot of import gaming, it was pretty cool and had a kind of indie vibe to it but it’s gone too!