Hey guys,

I am trying to find a good app for workout planning and tracking. I am currently using Strong, which works well for keeping track of my workouts, but planning workouts ahead of time seems to be out of scope for that app.

The background for this is that I want to change my routine to wendler 5/3/1 and I want to have the app tell me the amount of sets and reps as well as the weight that I am supposed to use.

I hope my request makes sense for you guys, I am sure there’s something out there matching my needs.

• 667@lemmy.radio
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 month ago

I ended up building my own spreadsheet tracker for 531. Give me a while to make a sanitized copy and I can link it out. It’s not fully automated, but it works (for me at least).

E: So I keep this in Google Drive and can’t find a way to share it without doxxing myself. If someone can suggest a way I can share it anonly please let me know and I’ll do it.

• marreticsOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Thank you for the response. I was thinking about an actual app, since I hate working on spreadsheet on my phone, especially while in the gym.

• Sl00k@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        20 days ago

I haven’t used it but I’ve seen BoostCamp recommended a lot and it should have 5/3/1 weights and reps.

• sacbuntchris@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 days ago

Maybe export or download the copy then upload the spreadsheet to a file hosting servie? Not the most secure option though… . Thats wild that Google doesn’t have a way to share anonymously

• marreticsOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 month ago

Thanks for the hint. I have seen wger as well and it seems good. The only issue that I have with it that it only allows for workout routines where the same workout happens at the same weekday. E.g. it is hard to describe a workout with A/B splits in there (like r/Fitness Basic Beginner Routine).

I guess it will work fine though, since I am trying to move away from that workout anyways.

As for the rest in f-droid store … flexify and massive seem to be fine, but the others seem a bit outdated looking at their latest release dates.

• berryjam@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    20 days ago

I use the notes app on my phone. I have a python script that generates a note with the sets/reps/weight, and I sync the file to my phone.