I think the only officially confirmed thing is the pet rework, right? Everything else is up in the air. I’m still personally hoping for more railjack updates, for some UI work (an LFG tool or a better minimap/buff bar), maybe a way to favorite weapons or a better way to navigate the huge amount of gear we have.

In terms of cinematic quests and story I hope they focus a bit on smaller side stories instead of spending years on big new war / duviri content drops. Warframe has a big universe and they can do so much with it that is unrelated to Wally, the orokin or the tenno, but even those could use more smaller but more common updates IMHO.

I guess a big focus will be Soulframe but I’m not that invested in it (yet) so I hope it’s not the main thing they discuss.

• sandriver@dormi.zone
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

With the “doors” teaser, I really hope Alad V has another episode of chronic loser syndrome and it turns out he’s made a deal with Wally or has tried to create a mercenary force out of Void Angels or something completely wild.

I do want them to progress the Wally storyline though. At the moment all he really is is like a trickster spirit that likes scaring people. What’s the worst he’s gonna do? Make the whole universe extremely terrifying?

edit:

If they’re going to be talking about upcoming plans for 2024 though, I’d love some info on Infested Nemeses. This is my #1 most anticipated thing in Warframe given the general power and unbridled creative eccentricity of Infested weapons. Nemesis Synapse is like one of my most anticipated weapons.

• Kaldo@dormi.zoneOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Oh yeah the “doors” teaser - I thought it was about specific corpus doors but later they continued the theme with other doors, like the one to the quill enclave on cetus, so it’s hard to say what it is teasing. Could have something to do with Wally since, after all - we use doors to go through walls, right? :D

I’m very afraid of how they handle Wally to be honest, the issue with paranormal/supernatural/eldritch media is that it kinda loses all its appeal once the author tries to actually explain it. I really hope he doesn’t ever become a boss we fight, for example - it would kinda ruin the whole thing for me I think. But I do want more stories, I just don’t want to wait years between them. The second dream was in 2015 and war within in 2016! And then we had chains of harrow and the amazing sacrifice by middle of 2018. New war and duviri really took a lot out of them ever since.

• sandriver@dormi.zone
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

For sure! The coolest story is the one you imagine in your head. I want a deep, Monolith-esque philosophical lamentation that the Void’s harmful side will be a threat for as long as humanity can’t overcome its fear of the unknown, violence, and cruel power structures. And I can have that until they take the story in a different direction!

• CheeseNoodle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Hopes:
    -Infested liches
    -Kitwing and some general archwing love

Expectations
    Almost certainly something to do with the man in the wall storyline and maybe another new void node/gamemode that will also be the drop source for the new frame due in september.

• Phrax@reddthat.com
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

I mostly want to see reworks of existing content. But I’ll set my hopes low to avoid the “never gonna happen” category:

• More pet survivability options when not using Djinn/Panzer and more damage options when not using Verglas
    • Circuit decrees persisting when rejoining squad after crashes/host migrations
    • Better Drifter weapon scaling in SP
    • Base stat buffs (not incarnon/dispo bandaids) to MR 0-7 weapons that aren’t modular, Kuva/Tenet, or Duviri melees (obviously adjust incarnon buffs as needed)